Is Brooklyn in the House?

Brooklyn 

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and I can’t say that there was not a moment that I did not love it.


I have seen so many good sides of it, not to mention the bad sides of it but overall, I love it.

I've been to many places along my travels and have come to find that no matter where I go, I can find someone who either once lived in Brooklyn or has a cousin or friend who lives somewhere in Flatbush.


Oh The Things You Will See

Manhattan may be one of the most popular tourist destinations in New York City, but Brooklyn has a variety of different things worth seeing too like the Botanical Gardens, Coney Island, Dumbo Park, Brighton Beach, Canarsie Piers, the Medgar Evers Jazzy Jazz Festival, the West Indian Day Parade, Basquiat’s Bottle, Essence Bar & Grill, Brooklyn Tabernacle Church, Kings Theatre, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Christopher Wallace Basket Ball Courts, Prospect Park, the annual tribute to the ancestors of the Middle Passage, the wall of justice, the Atlantic Antic and more.

I remember walking through the streets of Brooklyn with my mom as a kid with my siblings every Saturday to go and enjoy the culture of Brooklyn and we always had a grand time taking in the excitement of it all. Another of my favorite memories of Brooklyn was being the main musical performance act for Brooklyn's 2017 Flatbush Frolic, an annual end of summer street fair. Nothing beats being able to perform on a thoroughfare that I frequented so many times growing up and met so many people along the journey right there where in the neck of my hood. 

My most memorable Brooklyn moment was going to Brighton Beach with a friend and seeing someone playing the guitar. We decided to walk over to him to join into his vibe and we ended up having everyone on the sand and in the water singing along with us. These were all great experiences that I will remember forever. 

Brooklyn has always had a way of opening up my heart. It's the people, it's the live music all around and it's the African drumming in the park or on the Coney Island boardwalk that adds excitement to it all. These are just some of the things that makes Brooklyn, NY, a great place to be.


I Write in Brooklyn

It dawned on me that there are many songs that highlight New York such as the jazz standard, “A New York State of Mind” and Alicia Keys & Jay Z’s  “Empire State of Mind,”  but none that really capture the essence of Brooklyn except for like, “No Sleep til Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys. 

And so, I wanted to write a song that let my heart rip out about the place that I was born and raised.

I’ve been to so many cities trying to decode the mysteries of the world and still I come to find that there is no place like Brooklyn. 


"Brooklyn," the Anthem

That is when I decided to write an anthem for Brooklyn with the help of my friend, bassist and songwriter, John Mueller; a declaration to say that I am proud to call myself a Brooklynite. All lyrics by Stephanie Jeannot. Music by John Mueller and Stephanie Jeannot. 


The original song was first published on October 10, 2020 as part of the collaborative album collection entitled, The Stephanie Jeannot and John Mueller Project. "Brooklyn" features the awesomely talented performing artist Bruffdacrowdpleaser bringing fire to the track with his boisterous energy. A JnoteMusic production.




I'll Be Singing My Song

There is nothing that brings me more pleasure then when I am able to perform in Brooklyn so that I could echo out my anthem where my fellow Brooklynites can chant along with me. 

Here is a little sample of a live performance of it by singer/songwriter, Stephanie Jeannot, performed on a piano and acoustic drum vibe on the streets of Brooklyn with a provided platform by Potay Bleu Et Rouge.  https://youtu.be/oj6YToOq9f4



If you enjoyed the performance and are interested in hearing the full length song or album, please feel free to check out, The Stephanie Jeannot & John Mueller Project, available on all streaming platforms. Here is a link to the album on Youtube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mOpEdeTJ5N9SawA-9FxqwQtt_SR8nty8Q


I am especially looking forward to traveling to the midwest this summer and performing "Brooklyn" there. It always leaves me with a good feeling to be able to bring who I am with me wherever I go. Actually there are about two dozen different towns and cities in the United States and abroad that bare the name Brooklyn. As for me, I'm talking about the best one in the world; Brooklyn, NY.

Interested in keeping up to date with what's going on with JNOTEMUSIC?  

Follow JNoteMusic on IG http://instagram.com/jnotemusic

 Thank you for checking out our blog and God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wherever You Are" by Stephanie Jeannot ©℗ 2014, All Rights Reserved.